- The business started trading on 4th March 1933 at 452 Murray street Perth during the Great Depression era. The company started as a partnership between Roy and wife Amy.
- The company started with 3 employees. Roy and his younger brother Len and Amy’s sister Flo Eves.
- Company relocated to 231 William street Perth (now Northbridge), corner of Francis street.
- Galvins joined the MPA, now the MPAG’s longest member.
- Roy Galvin buys a 50% shareholding of Premier Engineering.
- Roy’s eldest son John Roy Galvin started in the business at 16yrs of age on 1st December.
- Galvins 1st branch opens and we trade to this current day from this property, now as our head office at 3-5 Sundercombe street Osborne Park.
- Galvins celebrates its 25th Anniversary at The Embassy Ballroom Perth.
- First Galvin guide produced.
- Roy Galvin acquires the remaining 50% share of Premier Engineering.
- Galvin Engineering move to 55 Howe street Osborne Park with the purchase of Henderson & Gribble engineering firm.
- The company of Roy Galvin & Co Pty Ltd was incorporated on the 1st April 1969. Purchasing the partnership of Roy Galvin & Co.
- Galvin Engineering Pty Ltd was formed and incorporated Premier Engineering plus Henderson & Gribble 1st April 1969.
- Galvin Manufacturing Pty Ltd also formed and controlled the manufacturing operations of concrete & sheetmetal products aligned to the trading activities of Roy Galvin & Co Pty Ltd Also on 1st April 1969.
- Galvins now employs around 40 staff.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Willetton branch.
- First use of the Galvin logo – Piece of pipe bent to form the “G”.
- Len Galvin retires after 42 years service. Many of those years as General Manager.
- Galvins First computer employed – IBM Model 3, System 4.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Wanneroo branch.
- Roy Galvin & Co Pty ltd purchases George Hill Tapware manufacturer and sheet lead supplier.
- Galvins celebrates its 50th anniversary at the Parmelia Hilton Ballroom Perth.
- Roy Galvin & Co Pty Ltd purchased the long-established hardware company C. Bert Hood Pty Ltd.
- Founder Roy Galvin passes away 1st July 1984.
- Mark Galvin, son of John Galvin joins the company.
- John & Jim Galvin buy out brother Tony’s shares in the companies.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Bassendean branch.
- John Galvin celebrates 40 years of service at Galvins.
- The property bounded by William street, Francis street and part of James street, now totalling 6,800sqm along with the architectural and building contract for the Australian Taxation Office complex was sold on the 8th June 1990 to Amethyst Nominees Pty Ltd. This was a subsidiary of Heytesbury Holdings Ltd owned by Robert Holmes a Court. At the time Robert Holmes a Court controlled John Holland Construction and was pursuing development projects.
- At the same time Galvins head office was relocated to the Osborne Park premises with the existing buildings and sheds demolished and a new warehouse and administration building built over the next 12 months.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Spearwood branch.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Perth branch.
- Galvin Concrete & Sheetmetal Pty Ltd was incorporated and took over the operations of Galvin Manufacturing.
- Galvin Engineering moves to its present location of 410 Victoria Road Malaga.
- John Galvin sells shares in Galvin Engineering, giving Jim Galvin and his two sons Paul and Chris 100% ownership of Galvin engineering.
- Jim Galvin sells shares (held via Roy Galvin & Co Pty Ltd) in Galvin Hardware to john Galvin.
- Galvins Design Centre opens in Osborne Park to display high end plumbing fixtures and tapware.
- Galvins joins the national buying group Plumbing Plus of which it is still a member today.
- Board of Directors established.
- Dave Simms celebrates 40 years of service at Galvins.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies first North West branch in Port Hedland.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies first South West branch in Busselton.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Nedlands.
- Mark Galvin takes over Galvin Concrete & Sheetmetal Pty Ltd.
- Galvin Concrete & Sheetmetal relocate from the Osborne Park Premises to a newly built warehouse and manufacturing plant in Badgerup Rd Wangara.
- Property at 68 Guthrie street Osborne Park sold and Galvin Hardware moves from this into a newly built warehouse and administration complex where Galvin Concrete & Sheetmetal previously occupied on the Osborne Park premises.
- John Galvin retires after 49 years of service on the 30.01.1998.
- John Galvins nephew David Galvin (son of Tony Galvin) starts at the company.
- Les Leicester celebrates 40 years of service at Galvins.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Kelmscott.
- Athol Gorn celebrates 40 years of service at Galvins.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Karratha.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Mandurah.
- 24th December 2004 John Galvin purchases Jim Galvins shares in Roy Galvin & Co Pty Ltd to become the sole owner.
- David Galvin becomes part owner of Roy Galvin & Co Pty Ltd.
- Galvins now employ around 80 staff.
- Mark Galvin becomes part owner of Roy Galvin & Co Pty Ltd.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Broome.
- Galvins celebrates its 75th anniversary at Observation City Ballroom, Scarborough Beach.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Welshpool.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Clarkson.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Bunbury.
- Phil Green celebrates 40 of service at Galvins.
- Galvins Training Centre begins construction, completed in 2011.
- John Galvin sells remaining shares in Roy Galvin & Co Pty Ltd to Mark & David Galvin.
- Greg Johnston celebrates 40 years of service at Galvins and retires in the same year.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Geraldton.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Kununurra.
- Mike Edwards celebrates 40 of service at Galvins.
- Gavan Bensley celebrates 40 years of service at Galvins.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Newman.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Darwin – the first branch outside WA.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Rockingham.
- Ray Robins celebrates 40 years of service at Galvins.
- Galvins HVAC division started.
- Maxine Little celebrates 40 years of service at Galvins.
- Enlargement of Galvins Welshpool completed to create a Distribution centre rivalling the head office warehouse at Osborne Park.
- John Galvin passes away 13th July 2018.
- Galvins Marine & Industrial division started.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Ellenbrook.
- Opening of Galvins Plumbing Supplies Yanchep.
- Galvins now employs over 160 staff.
||04.03.33 – 31.07.84
||04.03.33 – 04.12.75
||04.03.33 – 14.02.66
||09.07.33 – 04.11.66
||01.06.39 – 02.08.64
||01.12.49 – 30.01.98
||09.10.53 – 10.09.93
||11.01.54 – 25.11.87
||26.01.60 – 28.01.00
||31.07.61 – 24.09.04
||31.07.61 – 30.01.86
||11.08.69 – 13.12.00
||13.07.70 – 15.01.2016
||14.12.70 – 07.07.05
||02.03.72 – Current
||07.03.72 – Current
||20.03.72 – Current
||24.07.73 – Current
||02.12.74 – Current
||11.08.75 – 05.07.03
||12.04.76 – 31.03.03
||06.07.76 – 11.05.07
||20.07.76 – 03.12.14
||22.11.76 – Current
||20.01.77 – Current
||31.05.77 – Current
||07.03.78 – 11.11.05
||12.02.81 – 13.03.07
||18.01.83 – Current
||30.01.84 – Current
||30.04.84 – Current
||29.01.85 – Current